Periodically Police Scotland circulates security advice to different community groups during significant dates throughout the year for varying communities. During this year we have sent out security advice to the Muslim community around the Hajj period, the Jewish community around High Holy Days and the wider community around the festive holiday period. As such we are aware that February sees the Chinese community celebrate Chinese New Year and therefore would like you to share the following advice at a time when members of the community may be away from their homes or businesses for unusually extended periods of time.
Please contact me if you any further questions.
LGBT allies: Police Scotland | No Bystanders
Unless otherwise stated the contents of this e-mail should be treated as RESTRICTED
Dear Parents, Guardians and Students,
1. Reminder: those still have not enrolled for the 2016/17 to register today; otherwise an additional administration fee of £5 for each applicant will be imposed. After 18th June, enrolment can only be done by post to our P O Box address as above until 10th September. Please download the enrolment form.
2. The Summer Break starts from 25th June to 10th September.
Start date and time of academic year 2016/17: 17th September at 10:45 am, all students line up at the concourse
Please log on to our school website www.edinburghchineseschool.co.uk for any updates. Any enquiries, email to [email protected] or contact Mrs Sue Song on 07528517635 and we will try our utmost to respond to you.
3. Congratulations to those students on their great achievement of the 14th UKAPCE Reading competition and the 16th Global Chinese Youth Writing Contest. We are very proud of them.
4. We will organise some interest classes in new school year. Details will be published on school notice in due course.
We would like to extend our heartfelt gratitude for your support, contribution and cooperation!
Wish you a wonderful Summer Holiday and look forward to seeing you next term!
如假期期間有任何查詢請電郵至 [email protected] 或致電07528517635 (Sue Song)，我們會盡快回覆。學校最新消息，請瀏覽 edinburghchineseschool.co.uk 。
We are pleased that the Community Lounge behind the staff room is open again to pupils.
Dear parents/guardians and students,
Below are the school upcoming events in Term 3.
1. Extra-curriculum Activities
We are pleased to let you know that there will be a free extra-curriculum activity / gathering after school. Our volunteers will organise some workshops and light refreshment on the day. Parents, students and siblings are welcome. Places are limited and registration is required according to health and safety legislation. If you and your child/ children are interested, please register with the class teacher ASAP.
Date: 7th May Time: 1-4pm
Venue: McDonald Road Library, Nelson Hall
2. Internal School Examination
School examination will take place on 21st May. Students should be well prepared and assistance from parent is vital. Class teacher will let you know in advance if there is any amendment.
3. School Enrolment for year 2016-17 / Internal School Poetry Reading Competition
Enrolment for 2016/17 will commence on 4th June. Please register at the staff room. School Reading Competition will take place on the same day. We aim to let our students learn more outside their textbooks. Your involvement is very important.
4. UKAPCE Mandarin Reading and Talent Competition in Scotland Region
UKAPCE Scotland will hold the competition on 11th June and details will be published near the time.
5. Achievement Award Ceremony
Our achievement award ceremony will be held on 18th June.
6. 2015/16 School Fundraising
The school was successfully raised £900 — £200 from Chinese New Year Celebration ; £700 from UKAPCE, Hing Sing, Pat’s Chung Ying and Matthew’s Food Chinese Supermarkets. Heartfelt thanks to all generous donors, sponsors, volunteers, parents and teachers for your huge support and contribution.
Edinburgh Chinese School
各班考试将于 5 月 21 日举行，敬请家长多帮助 贵子女，让同学有更充足准备。如有 些班级有改动，老师必预早知会。
3. 2016-17 年度招生 / 校内朗读比赛 (广东话 及普通话)
新学年招生将于 6 月 4 日开始，请到教员室报名。
4. UKAPCE 苏格兰朗读比赛 (普通话)
英国中文教育促进会于 6月11 日举办苏格兰区普通话朗读及才艺比赛，届时公布详情。
于6 月 18 日 举行。
6. 2015/16 年度筹募
Dear Parents and Guardians,
We are happy to announce that our school is open.
Heres the room changes/allocations – if you are not mentioned then you are to go to your usual room.
1. Ran An’s class (MF2/ME2) move in with the MF1 in their usual room – should be 3/34 (social subjects 3)
2. Hua Ji can your class move into MF2’s class room – should be 3/35 (social subjects 2)
3. Dawn (Conversation class) and Xun Lu (M5) can you both move with David’s class – should be 5/14 (Maths room 2)
4. Pei (Mandarin adult) can you move into Dawn’s old class room – should be 5/19 (GP 2 room)
5. Amy can you move your class (CF1) in with Maggie in 3/36 (social subjects 1)
If you had not received an email regarding this and you want to be on our mailing list for further notices, please email us at edinburghchineseschool@
Name of student:
We our trying our best to get more class rooms during this period.
Board of Directors of Edinburgh Chinese School.